Chicken Noodle Soup
1 whole chicken or chicken parts
7-9 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
1 onion, peeled
1 sweet potato, chopped into chunks or butternut squash
1 stalk celery
Fresh Dill, lots
Fine egg noodles, 2-4 cups (or No Yolks brand without egg)
1. Fill water in large soup pot 3/4 full. Add chicken and onion, and bring to a boil.
2. Add carrots, turnip, fresh dill, sweet potato, celery, chopped dill, salt and pepper, simmer approx. 2 1/2 hours, covered.
3. Add some more dill. When carrots are soft, smash some with fork, leave some chunks.
4. Take chicken out of pot, cut off the meat, shred into bite size pieces and add back to the pot. Discard bones.
5. Remove onion, celery and turnip and discard. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add noodles, some more dill if desired, simmer another 1/2 hour, stir occasionally.